Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hello my lovely bloggers,
   This weekend I had the chance to perform the National Anthem for the 2015 Shiner Circus. I got multiple compliments on my singing and even a crying session with my grandpa. I was scared the first performance but once i was done singing, I  knew it was for a great cause. I then talked to some people and they asked me questions such as,"Do you know what college you want to go to?", "My daughter is an opera singer, and voice teacher, would you like to audition for Illinois State University?" Which got  me thinking.
  I have my future planned out already and I know my life won't have the exact outcome that I am planing on having but, it's always a good idea to plan ahead. I love music and singing but it's not what I want to pursue in life. I want to move to New York to become a makeup artist and eventually become a stage makeup artist for Broadway. But as these people asked me questions it had me wondering what if I did a bit of both. If I end up doing that, that means I will be out and about with a singing career, getting gigs and asking around if there are any performance opportunities.
  For my genius hourI will still be continuing makeup but instead of just special effects makeup maybe i could throw in a little twist for stage makeup to allow me to see if that's what i want to do in life.
  -I wake up for makeup, Clarissa

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing that you sang the national anthem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing that you sang the national anthem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool, Clarissa. I think that's a great plan--makeup and singing. And stage makeup? Absolutely! I like watching my students' Genius Hour learning take them in new directions.

    ReplyDelete